Boys Freshman Basketball
Unless otherwise noted, games times are 4:30 for Freshman, 5:45 for JV, and 7:30 for Varsity.
|Tues, 12/3||vs. James Madison||vs. James Madison||vs. James Madison|
|Wed, 12/4||4:30-6:00 (Kenmore)||5:00-6:45||3:15-5:00|
|Fri, 12/6||@ T.C. Williams||@ T.C. Williams||@ T.C. Williams|
|Mon, 12/9||4:30-6:00 (Kenmore)||3:15-4:15||3:15-4:15|
|Tues, 12/10||@ Oakton||@ Oakton||@ Oakton|
|Wed, 12/11||4:30-6:00 (Kenmore)||6:45-8:30||5:00-6:45|
|Fri, 12/13||vs. Falls Church||vs. Falls Church||vs. Falls Church|
|Tues, 12/17||vs. Wakefield||@ Wakefield (4:30)||@ Wakefield (7:00)|
|Thur, 12/19||@ Mount Vernon||@ Mount Vernon||@ Mount Vernon|
1. “Practice Makes Permanent” - the way you practice will be the way you play. If you don’t practice seriously, your skills won’t develop.
2. Always be the loudest team in the gym. Everyone should be communicating from both on the court and on the bench.
3. Never sit at practice unless instructed to do so by a coach
1. All players are expected to attend every practice session, meeting, and game. This includes injured players and those who, for one reason or another, are unable to participate.
2. No player will be excused from practice unless she informs the coaches of her legitimate excuse before practice. If not informed beforehand, it is considered an unexcused miss, no matter what the excuse. Coach should be told in person (not by your friend). Being on the absent list from school is considered as informing coach (provided that your absence from school is excused).
3. Each player should be aware that all missed practices, both excused and unexcused, hurt his chances of competing in games.
4. Every effort to attend weekend and holiday practices should be made. Advise coach of any family conflicts that will make you miss.
5. Players who cannot practice because of injury should be close to the coaches so they don’t miss instruction.
1. Show respect in all dealings with coaches, teachers, teammates, fellow students and opponents.
2. Alcohol, tobacco and other drug use is prohibited. 6. We will follow all HHS extra-curricular guidelines.
3. Do not talk, shoot, or dribble when a coach is talking.
4. No phones/social media in the locker rooms.
1. Be on time to every practice. Get into the gym and join pre-practice as soon as possible.
2. All players should complete the dynamic stretching routine before practice has started so we may begin immediately. Gym time is precious.
2. Always have your complete practice uniform at practice: team issued practice jersey, basketball shoes, and athletic shorts.
Eligibility and Academics
1. No player may participate in practice without the correct physical and other forms turned into the office.
2. Players must remain eligible by passing four classes at all times. Coaches will check to see that you are making good progress in all your classes. Grades below C will draw consequences. 3. School comes first. Those who don’t do their school work don’t play.
4. Basketball is never an excuse to get out of academic responsibilities.
5. When players are in need of extra help from a teacher, they should make every effort to arrange that help before school or during lunch or a study hall. Talk to coach if this proves difficult.
6. Basketball players are expected to behave in class. Your behavior reflects on your coaches and teammates. Missing practice because you feel like goofing around or being a jerk in class is very selfish because it hurts the team. It also shows lack of discipline, and players who can’t be disciplined as students can’t suddenly become disciplined on the court. Skipping class is not allowed.
1. Players should make every effort to maintain healthy eating and sleeping habits. Alcohol, tobacco and other drug use is prohibited, of course.
2. Players should immediately report any injuries to the coaching staff and athletic trainers. Even for injuries that take place outside of practice
1. Always represent your team, school and family in an excellent manor. You are expected to behave as proper young adults.
2. Leave locker rooms and buses clean.
3. Always be early for the bus. We will wait for no one.
4. If you arrive on the bus, you have to leave on the bus unless your parent specifically talks to the coach at the bus.
1. Basketball is an emotional game, and strong emotions are integral to any good basketball team. Losing control of those emotions, however, is not acceptable.
2. Sportsmanship toward opponents, officials and spectators is always expected. In the heat of ‘battle’, people make mistakes. If that happens, we will get you out of that ‘heat’ by removing you from the contest until the coaches deem you have collected yourself.
3. If losing your composure becomes a pattern, we will develop a plan to improve that situation. That plan may involve a decrease in playing time.
4. For players who receive technical fouls or who don't show proper respect toward officials and opponents,we will develop a plan to improve that behavior. That plan may involve a decrease in playing time.
To all family members and supporters of the Washington-Liberty basketball program: please visit this site (http://imprintedsportwear.tuosystems.com/stores/generals-bbb-2019) to purchase brand new apparel and gear.