CoEd Varsity Golf
Please use the below link to create an RSchool account for your student athlete. This is a new requirement this season and will be used to ensure all required sports forms and physical have been submitted.
This year we are transitioning to an online registration system for activities. Here you will be able to register for multiple sports/activities.
Please set up your family account at: https://wlathletics-ar.rschool
You will have the ability to upload physical paperwork, but if you have already sent the paperwork to the Activities Office it is not necessary to upload documents again
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Washington–Liberty Varsity Golf
Head Golf Coach: Michael Wilkis (email@example.com – 571-424-6646)
Asst. Golf Coach: Linda Kelleher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Team Website: www.wlathletics.org (click on golf under fall sports tab)
- This Golf season runs from August-October.
- Postseason Golf runs through November.
- Try-outs are mandatory for all players.
- Practices are held Monday – Friday, the team schedule is available on the team’s website.
- You are expected to attend ALL practices. If you cannot attend a practice, please inform the coaches at least 1 day prior. We pay for course time, no shows count against us.
- Practices prior to school starting will be at 7:30am, unless otherwise specified on the team schedule. After school begins, practices will begin at 3:30pm.
- You are expected to be on-time for ALL team activities and remain until dismissed by the coaches. The coaches are responsible for your whereabouts during team activities.
- Golf matches are scheduled based on course availability – the season’s match schedule will be published on the school’s athletic page – www.wlathletics.org
- Due to the timing of our practices and matches, there are no buses available for transportation unless otherwise specified on the team website It is the responsibility of each player to make it to / from practice and matches.
- We are a supportive team – be ready to cheer for and support your teammates!
- We actively participate in the annual Holiday Bazaar fundraiser along with other team fundraisers throughout the school year.
- All practices and team events are required.
- All players are required to wear appropriate attire for practices and matches. This includes collared shirts for both boys and girls, golf shorts or skirts and soft spike golf shoes.
- All players should be prepared to provide their own equipment, including clubs, balls, bag and soft spike golf shoes.
- All players are required to have a general understanding of the rules and etiquette associated with the game of golf. We will spend time discussing rules and etiquette, so don’t worry if you don’t know it all now.
- We have worked hard to build a dedicated and competitive team and expect that all golfers who choose to join the team are willing to be a full and active team member and give 100%.
- We aim to have fun, but also provide a quality training and development program for team members.
- Some of our most common feedback is that members love being part of the team and the parents also feel that their kids have learned valuable lessons and were provided outstanding overall support from our program and coaching staff.
We aren’t able to have a successful season without your support. We understand that golf is a time demanding sport and getting the players to practice and matches on time is extremely important. It shows respect for their peers and coaches and helps them better understand time management and commitment. We understand that transportation issues can occur, and the coaches are here to help. Please let us know if rides to / from practices or matches are required for your golfer prior to the day of the event. Any Coach provided transportation should be to / from Washington – Liberty.
- Collared shirt
- Shorts / Skirts
- Golf / Athletic shoes
- 32oz Water
- Clubs / balls